How do you choose the best wax for hair removal at home? These best at-home wax strips are designed for a long-lasting, painless, and salon-like experience.
Hair removal is a painful process. You can’t escape the salon to get beautiful waxed hands and legs. However, when you have tight schedules, you can trust the best at-home wax strips that are specially designed for your convenience to easily use the strips. Waxing gives you long-lasting results. In the event that the right technique is followed, home waxing can give you a salon-like finish too. We curated a list of the 10 best wax strips that you can use safely at your home. Check them out below!
Top 10 Best At-Home Wax Strips in 2023 USA Updated Reviews
1. Best Dermatologically Tested Formula: Nad’s Body Wax Strips
- Dermatologically tested
- Suitable for all skin types
- May need multiple strips for coarse hair.
This is a salon-quality, easy-to-use wax strip. It very well may be used on your back, shoulder, arms, legs, armpits, and stomach, and for Brazilian waxing. The kit contains 24 body wax strips, out of which 12 are double-sided and four post-wax calming oil wipes. The wax on the strip is formulated with beeswax and is suitable for all skin types. For an honest review of Nad’s Body Wax Strips, go ahead and check out this video.
2. Best In Size Options: Mudder 200 Pieces Waxing Strip
- Multiple size options
- Non-woven durable strips
- Suitable for full-body waxing
- Do not stick well to the wax.
This is a set of wax strips and wax sticks. These are not pre-waxed and suitable for at-home cold waxing. The wax sticks are made of good quality wood that does not hurt your skin. The wax strips are made of non-woven, thick, and durable material and are suitable for sensitive skin. The strips can remove coarse and stubborn hair easily. You can also cut the strips and use them. The set includes 100 small wax strips, 100 large wax strips, and 200 wax applicator sticks in two sizes for convenient use.
3. Best Alcohol-Free Formula: Voglily Wax Strips
- No animal testing
This waxing kit contains 40 pieces of wax strips, 20 of them double-sided, and four colored and fragrant strips. It also includes six finish wipes. The ingredients of the wax strips include beeswax, glycerin, olive, and jojoba oils. They are incredibly gentle on your skin and are meant for areas like the armpits, arms, bikini line, and legs. The strips contain natural ingredients and are also suitable for sensitive skin. Need a visual demonstration of the Voglily Wax Strips? Check out this video.
4. Best In Natural Ingredients: Vassoul Hair Removal Wax Strips Kit
- 100% natural ingredients
- Extra-large strips
- Easy to use
- Gentle on the skin
The Vassoul Hair Removal Strips can be used for waxing the entire body. It is made of 100% natural ingredients like jojoba oil and beeswax essence and is suitable for all skin types. It contains 40 pieces of extra-large wax strips that can be cut according to your requirements. Out of the 40 wax strips, 20 are double-sided, and the kit comes along with three fresh wipes for wiping the residue and calming your skin post-waxing.
5. Best For All Skin Types: GleeBee Hair Remover Wax Strips
- Suits all skin types
- Easy and quick
- Available in two sizes
- Safe and gentle
These are the best wax strips that can be warmed up easily by rubbing them between your hands and claim to remove hair in just 3 seconds. The pack has 60 wax strips of two different sizes 40 max and 20 mini strips. Subsequently, these have 20 and 10 double-sided wax strips. Additionally, the pack also comes with 6 finishing wipes. Each wax strip is made of beeswax essence and jojoba seed oil, leaving the skin clean and moisturized. It tends to be used on the armpits, legs, bikini area, back, face, and, surprisingly, Brazilian wax. It is gentle and suitable for all skin types.
6. Best Gentle Formula: ShineMore Facial Wax Strips
- Suits all skin types
- Easy and quick to use
The ShineMore Facial Wax Strips Pack contains 40 wax strips, out of which 20 are double-sided. It additionally has 4 calming oil wipes. It removes deep-rooted hair from your face in just 3 seconds in the event that the instructions are followed. The wax strips are made with beeswax and shea butter that nourishes and moisturizes the skin. These non-irritating, easy-to-use facial wax strips are suitable for all skin types.
7. Best In Easy To Use: Nair Hair Remover Wax Ready-Strips
- Dermatologist tested
- Easy to use
- No need to warm up by rubbing
- Leaves residue.
These wax strips are designed especially for facial and bikini hair removal. You don’t need to warm them up by rubbing them – peel them and use them directly. They claim to remove short hair in a mess-free manner and promise results that will last for quite some time. The pack includes post-wax wipes to clean and soothe the waxed area. To know how to use this product, go ahead and click on this YouTube video.
8. Best For Quick Hair Removal: Veet Leg and Body 3-in-1 Ready-To-Use Wax Strip Kit
- Quick hair removal
- Pleasant fragrance
- Dermatologically tested
- Messy application
The Veet Wax Strips are developed with Gelwax Technology that removes 95% of the body hair at first application without damaging the skin. They are enriched with shea butter and have an acai berry fragrance. They claim to give you results that will last for two days. They are suitable for sensitive skin and can be used on the arms, legs, bikini area, and underarms. The pack contains 40 wax strips and four post-wax wipes.
9. Best Cruelty-Free Formula: Parissa Wax Strips
- Includes image-instructions
- Includes aftercare oil
- Ethically sourced natural ingredients
- Cruelty-free (Leaping Bunny certified)
- Sustainable packaging
These salon-quality waxing strips give you smooth arms and legs in just a few minutes. They are made of all-natural ingredients like beeswax, vegetable oils, resin, and plant extracts. The kit contains 40 double-sided strips that can be used multiple times. It comes with photo instructions and an aftercare oil to prevent irritation and ingrown hair. These strips can be used on the legs and body and are suitable for quick touch-ups.
10. Best Disposable Option: Tifara Beauty Non-Woven Body and Facial Wax Strips
These high-quality waxing strips come in a pack of 200. They are not pre-waxed, non-woven, and tear-free. These professional-grade wax strips come in two sizes – 100 small and 100 large – and can be used on the entire body, including the face and some other sensitive areas.
Waxing at home is easy when you follow the right procedure. You also need to take care of your skin post-waxing. Below, we have shared information on the most proficient method to use wax strips properly and what you can do to care for your skin post-waxing.
Everything You Need To Know About Using Wax Strips
How To Wax Properly Using A Waxing Strip
1. Prepare Your Skin Before Waxing
Before using wax strips on your body, always exfoliate with a scrubber. This removes the dead skin cells. Otherwise, they might block the hair follicles, resulting in ingrown hair. Also, don’t apply lotion or cream before using a wax strip. You can apply powder or cornstarch to remove the excess oil.
Avoid waxing in the event that you have used skin care products with retinol, Accutane, Differin, or other topical medication because they make the skin very sensitive.
2. Read The Instructions
Each waxing strip comes with instructions from the manufacturer. Read them carefully – following the instructions properly will ensure less irritation and torment.
3. Work On A Small Area
Always work on one area at a time. Some parts of the body are more sensitive than others. For instance, the skin on the underarms is more sensitive than that on your hands. Start from the outside and wax your direction to the sensitive areas.
Apply the strip gently and remove it according to the instructions. Remove the strip in one go, quickly. Whenever peeled slowly, it won’t remove the hair properly and might be painful.
Assuming that you are using cold wax (not the pre-waxed strips):
- Spread the wax with a spatula in the direction of hair development.
- Cover the area with a wax strip or cloth and press lightly for staying.
- Pull the strip in the opposite direction.
- Always warm the wax strip. Rub it between the palms before using it.
- Never cut a pre-waxed strip. You will get strips of different sizes for different body parts.
- Check for ingredients like vitamin E, chamomile, aloe vera, honey, and oils like sweet almond, argan, and jojoba oils.
- Exfoliate 24 hours before waxing, not immediately before waxing.
- You can use one strip multiple times until it no longer sticks to the skin. Reuse the strip for stray hair.
Waxing At Home: Aftercare Tips
- Apply a post-depilatory lotion to remove wax residue, soothe the skin, and prevent ingrown hair and red knocks.
- Use a cold compress to calm the skin post-waxing. This controls irritation, inflammation, and redness to a great extent.
- Apply cooling ingredients like aloe vera gel or tea tree oil. It soothes freshly waxed skin.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing to avoid friction and irritation.
- Exfoliate 2-3 days post waxing and always follow up with a moisturizer to keep your skin healthy.
- Avoid touching and scratching freshly waxed skin.
- Avoid using skin care products right after waxing. Try not to use thick moisturizers, sprays, lotions, deodorants, body washes, petroleum jelly, and soaps immediately after waxing.
- Avoid picking up ingrown hair. Leave it for 48 hours and afterward exfoliate the area and apply antiseptic cream.
- Avoid immediate sun exposure – wait for something like 4 hours after waxing, or probably it might cause sunburns.
- Avoid swimming in the pool or beach right after waxing. It can sensitize your skin and cause red knocks.
- Avoid using any chemical peel after waxing (especially your face) as this can sensitize the skin further. Wait for no less than 72 hours.
Waxing strips are convenient when you don’t have time for a salon visit. These strips are affordable and easy to store and use. On the off chance that you follow the instructions and a proper aftercare routine, waxing strips are the best method for getting smooth and healthy skin. Go snatch your favorite product from the above list, and try it today.
FAQs – Best At-Home Wax Strips
Can I shave missed hair after waxing?
Try not to shave right after waxing. This sensitizes the skin and may cause irritation.
Will hair grow back thicker after waxing?
No. Instead, after consistent waxing, the hair often bounces back finer and lighter.
Are wax strips better than waxing?
Yes. Wax strips are faster and perfect for quick at-home waxing. In terms of efficiency, while wax strips and regular waxing work in basically the same manner, the former is better in removing hair from intimate areas.
Do wax strips make the skin darker?
No, wax strips don’t make your skin darker. However, certain formulations may not suit your skin type. This can lead to hyperpigmentation, inflammation, and irritated skin. Therefore, it is recommended to check the ingredients list completely before buying at-home wax strips.
Are wax strips painful?
No. Wax strips are less painful than regular hot waxing. However, on the off chance that the strips are not removed the right way, the process might temporarily cause torment and redness.
Are Veet wax strips effective?
Yes, Veet wax strips are effective in quickly removing hair. It works great on fine and short hair. You can expect results that last as long as a month.
Why do wax strips not work?
Wax strips might not work assuming the style of using them is incorrect. Apply the wax strips in the direction of hair development, and remove them in the opposite direction. The removal ought to be quick and with a good measure of force. In the event that done the right way, wax strips will work effectively.
Last verdict – Best At Home Wax Strips
There’s quite a range of waxing kits out there, yet hopefully, we’ve helped to answer any questions, clear up disarray and steer you in the right direction regarding what home waxing kit to purchase. For beginners, starting with pre-made heatless waxing strips, like the Veet or Flamingo options, is a good method for building confidence and getting used to the feeling.
For those hoping to wax their face, the Flamingo face wax kit or Mylee precision wax pen are difficult to beat. Furthermore, for those well-versed in home waxing, the Rio and Mylee hot wax kits offer salon-level results inside the solace of your own home.
You might also like…